Where are we heading? – an open forum on 8th April – PLEASE COME ALONG!
Club Dinner – 10th May – book your place NOW!
Come to Earlsdon and help us in our quest for the league championship!
Big game on telly on Sunday, and we are not talking Toulon v Leicester!
- No game last week for the first XV as we had dedicated it a “league free Saturday”. The game played at the club was our Barbarians v our Cavaliers and it ended in a 36 all draw (or thereabouts) – a regular score for the BaBa’s!
- This week the ones are away at Earlsdon in another must win league game. Earlsdon are currently lying in mid table with ten wins from their eighteen games and they will not make it easy for us. As before (and in the next three games) a win will do boys and a bonus point will indeed be a bonus. Why not come along and support the lads – they will really appreciate it. OL’s are playing at home to Leamington who will be desperate for a point or more to make them safe. If you cannot attend the Earlsdon game then you can follow it on Twitter. If you are not a KRFC/Twitter follower then simply log onto the KRFC site and hit the Twitter button – Ralph’s tweets will come through, hopefully with good news.
- The Colts are away at Broadstreet. Pinley 1’s have pulled out of the Cavaliers fixture as they have a league game to fulfill. Nuneaton Old Eds Vets have also pulled out of the third XV fixture. Both our teams are in the pool but do not hold out too much hope for a game.
- All games are now be 3pm kick offs.
- Next week, 13th April, is our final home game of the season when Banbury are the visitors. OL’s are at home to Dunlop. The first XV game is preceded by a Former Players Lunch but if you wish to come you better be quick – it is a near sell out.
- The Club Dinner has been set for 10th May, at the club with food provided by The Almanack. Full details are on the web site and up on the Club Notice Board.
- Please remember our Function Room is available for hire for a variety of purposes and full details are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/about-krfc/facilities.html
- We are holding a WHERE ARE WE HEADING FORUM at the club on Monday 8th April and full details of this are on the web site. Please come along and air your views on the future of the club. The q/aire has been completed by around 120 members so a good forum and meeting should ensue. Please come along, it would be good if you could do this and air your views.
- Please remember the AMAZON link on our web site and if you use this link then the club gets a small kickback on your purchase. It is located on the Home Page just below the league table on the RHS.
- This years KRFC M&J Festival is being held on the weekend of 27/28th April. This is a superb weekend of rugby and fun and some social events are being planned around it. In addition the M&J’s are hosting a Leicester Tigers Rugby Course on the 28th to 31st May.
- KENILWORTH RFC GOLF DAY - This year’s KRFC Golf Day will be held at Stoneleigh Golf Club on Fri 7th June and will include a round of golf followed by a curry back at the club, courtesy of the Sunam Balti. Cost will be £35 to include the golf, prizes and food. For further information contact Jai Purewal or Dom Carrick.
- On 10th to 12th May there is a Rugby 4Heroes Event @ Old Leamingtonians. Full information can be obtained from www.rugbyforheroes.org and a poster will soon be up at the club. Our Barbarians have entered a team on the Saturday and they will be in good nick after the Club Dinner!
- Do not forget the quarter finals of the Heineken Cup this weekend and all of the games will be shown at the club. An added bonus on Sunday will be the Scottish Challenge Cup Final between Queen of the South and Partick Thistle, at the end of the Toulon v Leicester game!
- The last ELRA referee course of this season will be held at King Edward V1 school in Stratford-upon-Avon on Sundays, April 21st and 28th 2013 from 9 30 until 4 30pm. Funding for this course has been obtained from the Legacy Fund which means that delegates will have their £50 entrance fee reduced to just £15.
It is important that this course is publicised widely and that proposed delegates register as soon as possible (and in any event by April 15th) on the RFU web site http://www.rfu.com/takingpart/olcb
- FUTURE EVENTS AT KRFC
8th APR MEMBERS FORUM
13th APR BANBURY, h FORMER PLAYERS LUNCH
18th APR COMEDY NIGHT
19th APR SPORTING DINNER – details coming
20th APR DUNLOP, a
24th APR ‘NEW’ COLTS v BARKER BUTTS ‘NEW’ COLTS, 7pm
27th APR BEDWORTH, a (last league game)
27/28th APR M&J FESTIVAL WEEKEND
3rd MAY PLAY OFF DATE (we will hopefully not need this)
10TH MAY CLUB DINNER
28/31st MAY LEICESTER TIGERS RUGBY COURSE
7th JUNE KRFC GOLF DAY
- NEWS OF MEMBERS
- Hi everyone – a message from Charlie Travis’partner Ros
Julie and I have decided to tackle the Moon Walk, a marathon during the night of May 11th/12th, through the streets of London in aid of Breast Cancer Research. We are doing this in the memory of our dear friend Jane, who lost her battle against breast cancer last year after a long and courageous fight. We are also walking to celebrate our equally dear friend Kath, who, having survived over a year of arduous treatment, is now thankfully looking forward to a cancer free future. We are raising money for all the women who are still fighting this dreadful disease, so please, if you wish, donate on our Just Giving page as follows :
Thank you so much.
Just brief news this week:
- The action on the first XV pitch tomorrow is a game between our Barbarians U23 squad against our Cavaliers. The BaBa’s have a big squad but the Cavaliers could maybe do with a hand so if you fancy a game come along. Kick off is planned for 2pm.
- Please remember your Q/aire which needs completing by 3rd April. Remember this is your rugby club and this is your opportunity to help plan our future. The meeting on 8th April will divulge the results of the survey and discuss them in more detail.
- The winner of the Six Nations competition was Rachael Lindsay (daughter of Pete) – full results are on the web site. Watch out for the soon to be launched Lions Competition.
- The Club Dinner is planned for 10th May and full details of this are also on the web site.
- The 1st XV are next in action on the 6th April at Earlsdon and they would really appreciate a big support as we look to home in on the league title and promotion. The following week (13th) is our last home league game when Banbury are the visitors. There is a Former Players Lunch before this game.
Have a good Easter.