KRFC NEWS, THURS 29th MARCH
New news – Good news re training pitch, call to arms to support the ones and colts this weekend, important M&J dates and a flat to rent in Kenilworth
- We start with very good news. We have been awarded a substantial grant from Sport England to improve our Training Pitch. More details to follow.
- Last week the ones put up a very good display against Burton before going down 24-32. We gained a valuable bonus point and nearly got two. There was a predictable big bonus point win for Whitchurch over Dunlop and Ludlow got a losing try bonus point at Camp Hill.
- W are now down to the last three games and we simply need to defeat Dunlop on Saturday and Whitchurch away after Easter to have any hope of survival. From the games to be played I guess Ludlow could be safe so it is between ourselves and Whitchurch for the third relegation spot. It would be nice not to leave it all to our last game, away at Old Halesonians. At the top Sutton Coldfield have a five point advantage over Bournville and it will be a real surprise if both these teams are not playing in National League 3, Midlands, next season. They meet on Sat in a championship decider. Perhaps it would be best if Bournville won to give them something to play for to the end of the season and their last game against Whitchurch. The situation at the bottom and the remaining games are:
||Max Points poss
||Sutton C, h
||Old H, h
- The threes lost a close game to Shipston 2’s 23-26. This week they are off on tour to Bognor Regis and we wish them well.
- The colts had a superb 12-5 win over Nuneaton to put them in very good spirits for their cup semi final with Old Coventrians on Sunday.
- This weekend the ones are at home to Dunlop in a must win, with bonus point, game. Please come along and support the lads.
- The two’s are down to play at home to Earsldon.
- The colts play Old Coventrians in the cup semi final at home on Sunday 1st April, 2.15. The other semi is between Newbold and Nuneaton. Should we beat Old Coventrians then the final is to be played on Monday 16th April at The Butts, 7.30 kick off.
- PAG Jones has arranged another Barbarians game and this is against Leamington on Easter Saturday, 7th April at 1pm. The game is at Leamington.
- The WARWICKSHIRE COLTS SEVENS are to be held at Newbold on Sunday 29th April.
- The Autumn Internationals (2.30 kick offs) are
- 17th Nov, v Australia
- 24th Nov, v South Africa
- 1st Dec, v New Zealand
but there are no details on prices or dates yet so watch this space.
- The CLUB DINNER is to be held at the club on Friday 11th May with food being provided by The Almanack. This Dinner is open to all members and is a very good night.
- The next COMEDY NIGHT is on 19th April and details of this are posted on the web site.
- The M&J section has organised the following over the next few months and further details of these can be obtained from David Cessford.
1. Festival : Juniors Sat 28th April 2012, Minis Sun 29th April 2012
2. Schools Tag Cup : after school Wednesday 16th May 2012
3. Tigers course for young players : Tue – Fri 5th - 8th June 2012
SUMMARY OF WHAT’S ON AT KRFC
31st March v DUNLOP, 3pm
1st April COLTS v OLD COVENTRIANS, 2.15, WARWICKSHIRE COLTS CUP, SEMI FINAL
7th April KENILWORTH BA BA’S v LEAMINGTON, away
19th April COMEDY NIGHT
28/29th April M&J FESTIVAL
11th May CLUB DINNER
NEWS OF MEMBERS
- Should you be thinking of a break in the sun why not consider Carvoeiro, on the Algarve. Our house is available for rent throughout the summer and info can be seen on www.casacaracol.co.uk – fine sponsors of Nick Collett! Information on Carvoeiro is available on www.carvoeiro.com. Carvoeiro is an ideal spot for golf, walking and birding and has plenty of lovely beaches and things for kids to do. Current temperature in late March is mid 20’s! – nearly as high as Aberdeen.
- Our coach Richard Gibson is a self employed builder/joiner/painter and would like to offer his services to club members. His mobile number is 07950251989 If you have something for him.
- Steve Ramus is running the London Marathon again for Charity. He is looking for sponsorship and if anyone is interested in sponsoring him then the link is www.virginmoneygiving.com/steveramus
- Another guy doing the London Marathon is Taff Phillips. His mission to do 400 marathons is almost accomplished with £50,000 raised for charities. If you would like to help him achieve what seems like a life long obsession, just click onto the link below, read his Justgiving page and respond appropriately. Thanking you in anticipation of your kind response. http://www.justgiving.com/David-Phillips407
- Our popular second row Tom Nicholson has a flat to rent in Kenilworth. Briefly it is a 2 bed second floor flat in a 1900 house conversion just off Park Hill in Kenilworth. Bedrooms both freshly carpeted: 4mx3m and 3.5mx3m. Kitchen and bathroom with all the usuals and large living room/dining room 5mx4m. Whole flat has wonderful views of Kenilworth. Brand new Valant boiler fitted. There is access to a communal garden and off road parking. If anyone is interested then call Tom on 07786605569.
- Our former player, scrum half Grant Hancox scored a try for Hartpury College as they won the BUCS University Cup at Twickenham 45-20 vs Durham Uni.