- Our 1st XV won 39-19 last week against Nuneaton Old Eds to clinch the Midlands 2 West (South) title in style and a good night was had by all! The report and piccies are on the website but, for the record, our try scorers were Tom Clayton and Sam Harrison, both with two, Gaz Renowden and Ed Hannam. There were 1st XV debuts for Fin Gibson and Neil Sutherland to increase our options for the big run-in that we have.
- Our Colts defeated a touring West Hartlepool Colts (the ones in fancy dress!) by 36-24 with tries from Tom Singleton (2), Henry Woods (2), Ed Hinchcliffe and Ben Hindson. They have their dinner at the club tomorrow night.
- This weekend (6th April) the men’s f1st XV are playing at Old Coventrians who are looking for the win to help them escape from relegation. It will be a tough game and they would appreciate a big support.
- Next weekend is the final league game of the season and we are at home to Old Laurentian who will need a bonus point win to keep pace with Kidderminster and to gain the play off spot. Before the game there is an end of season lunch and the profits (and gate money) will go to Tenovus Cancer Care - a cancer charity that supports cancer patients and their families. We also have a superb guest speaker in Lyndon Jeremiah who spoke at last years St David’s Night Dinner and if you fancy attending this final lunch then contact PAG on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following week (20th April, Easter Saturday) we have one of the biggest days in Kenilworth’s history and the boys look forward to running out to a very big support when they take on South Shields Westoe in the semi final of the RFU Intermediate Cup. The winners taking on either Matson or Old Colfeians in the final at Twickenham on Sunday 5th May. Johnny Marsh has put together a graphic giving information on the four teams left in the competition and this can be seen HERE. We have prepared a poster for spreading around to put the word out. This can be accessed HERE so why not print it off and put it in your local pub/club or office.
- Good news of our U16s who have progressed to the final of the Warwickshire U16s Cup and they will play Barkers' Butts this Sunday (7th April) at 2pm. The team are looking for back-to-back victories in the competition having won at U15 level last season.
- The date for the funeral of Chris Wheatley is Monday 8th April at 2pm, in the North Chapel at Oakley Wood and afterwards at the Saxon Mill.
- Our Warwickshire Shield final against Earlsdon will be played on Wednesday 24th April, at Old Leamingtonians, kick off 7.30pm.
- The date has been set for the Spurgeon Cup, our annual golf competition. It will be held on Friday 14th June at Kenilworth Golf Club and full details will soon be up at the club and in the Club Events page of the web site and HERE.
- Our Ladies have placed an advert in the rugby press for a new Head Coach and you can find details of it on the web site by clicking HERE.
- The Club Dinner is set for 10th May.
- On 7th June we are holding a Sporting Dinner with the guest speaker being our very own Dave Ellis. This is booking up fast and if you wish to go please contact Peter Blakeman on email@example.com
- We have been contacted by University College London and they are conducting a concussion study in amateur sport. The questionnaire can be found HERE and if you have been affected by concussion then it would be good if you could complete the survey.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
These events can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Return to News Page