- Our boys came through an awkward encounter at Old Coventrians last week, 52-18, scoring eight tries and putting in a thorough champions performance with a team showing nine changes from the previous week and showing no mercy to Old Coventrians who are now destined for relegation. There were tries for Josh O’Brien, Jake Byrne, Bobby Thompson, Garrett Bell, Charlie Stevens, Harry Abell, Neil Sutherland and Nick Gerber. Neil was successful with six conversations.
- The other senior game played last weekend was our touring Pirates who went down 41-48 to Royal Tunbridge Wells ‘Vets’. Our try scorers were Chris Sibley, Jimmy Middleton, Pete Roberts, Nick Collett, Nick Davies and James Catlin (2).
- On the Sunday in the final of the Warwickshire Cup our U16s defeated Barkers' Butts in an ill tempered game (two red cards to Barkers'), 68-5. This was a superb performance from a team who will now form our Colts from next season. The pics are on the web site (Latest Results or U16s). Congratulations to all involved, both on an off field!
- On Wednesday night our Colts played their final league game and put in a superb performance in defeating Nuneaton, 29-22 with tries for Geraint Green, Rob Spooner, Charlie Morris, Henry Woods and Xander Eddy.
- This weekend (13th April)our 1st XV are playing their final league game at home to Old Laurentian. OLs will need a bonus point win (in all probability) to stay in second place in the league as Kidderminster have Old Coventrians at home so it should be an interesting encounter as we are seeking to end the season unbeaten at home. There is a pre-match lunch in aid of the Tenovus Charity and the proceeds from the gate are being given to this charity.
- Next week (20th April - Easter Saturday) we have the biggest game in Kenilworth’s history and the boys look forward to running out to a very big support when they take on South Shields Westoe in the semi final of the RFU Intermediate Cup. This is now a 3pm kick off and the entry on the gate is £5 (60/40 split with SSW). The winners will take on either Matson or Old Colfeians in the final at Twickenham on Sunday 5th May.
- Parking will be at a premium next week so if you can walk to the club that would be good.
- We have now been informed that our Warwickshire Shield final against Earlsdon will be played on Wednesday 24th April, at Old Leamingtonians. KO is at 7.30pm.
- The date has been set for the Spurgeon Cup, our annual golf competition. It will be held on Friday 14th June at Kenilworth Golf Club and full details will soon be up at the club and in the Club Events page of the web site and HERE.
- The Club Dinner is set for 10th May.
- On the 7th June we are holding a Sporting Dinner with the guest speaker being our very own Dave Ellis. This is booking up fast and if you wish to go please contact Peter Blakeman on email@example.com.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
These events can be accessed HERE.
Return to News Page