KRFC News for 22nd August 19
- This Saturday (24th) the Men play their second pre season game of the season when they take on Bugbrooke (from Mids 2 east south) at home with a 1.15pm kick off. The previous game against Didsbury on the 10th Aug was a good run out resulting in a 43-24 win and a large number of our new recruits were on display.
- Next week the Men conclude their pre season games with the semi final of the Warwickshire Cup at Broadstreet on Sunday 1st Sept, ko 2.15pm. The winners of this tie will play the winners of Rugby Lions & Sutton Coldfield in the final, currently scheduled for Sunday 1st Dec.
- Our Women had their first pre season game last weekend when they took on Barnsley, a team who reside in the league above. Barnsley won 41-24 but coach Rich Bennett was very pleased with out performance and the new players that were on show. Their next game is Sunday 1st Sept against Buckingham Swans at home.
- On Saturday at 3pm the England v Ireland World Cup warm up game will be shown as will the final game on Friday 6th Sept (England v Italy, 7.45).
- The league kicks off on 7th/8th Sept with our Men at home to Stourbridge Lions (7th) and our Women at home to West Bridgford (8th). Our newly designed strip will be on show.
- A full season's fixture list for each team is now on the web site.
- On the 27/28th August we are hosting a Wasps Coachclass and full info is available HERE.
- Applications for the 2020 Six Nations games at Twickenham (Ireland & Wales) are now being accepted and information is HERE.
- Can I remind you that if you plan to buy tickets for any of the Wasps games at The Ricoh then the club receives cashback providing you go through the link which can be found HERE.
- The recent request for Membership Card Nos had a superb response. This will eventually allow news and emails to be issued via the web site and to allow members to view and manage their own bar accounts. We have recently secured a sponsor for a new Membership card and these will be issued shortly, including those who have not yet got one. If you specifically wish one now then please contact me and arrangements will be made.
- The process of membership collection of subs for the new season has started and existing members will either already have or will shortly be receiving a payment request via the GMS system. Payment is requested ASAP and reminders will be issued. If you wish further information on your membership of KRFC then please refer to the membership page of the web site HERE.
- The club are planning to hold a Sporting Dinner on Nov 14th and details of this will be issued shortly. This Dinner will make use of the marquee which will be erected for the Ladies Dinner on the 9th Nov.
- I have sad news of the death of one of our oldest members, Niall Bailey who passed away on 17th August at Myton Hospice. Niall played for our first XV as well as Northampton and Ireland. His funeral will take place at St Francis Church, Warwick Road, Kenilworth on Friday, 30th August at 9.30am, followed by a private family burial. Afterwards at noon at The Saxon Mill, Coventry Road, Guys Cliffe, Warwick. CV34 5YN.
- The events coming up at the club can be viewed HERE. This contains a link where you can download all of the Rugby World Cup fixtures into your calendar.
Return to News Page