KRFC NEWS for 29th AUGUST 2019
- Last Saturday our Men had a good run out against Bugbrooke running in a large number of tries in the 73-19 win. Of particular note was the performance of young ex Colt Dan Sibley at scrum half. The squad was devoid of a few of what we would consider to be ‘first teamers’ but those on show did very well and were all the better for the run out.
- This Sunday (1st Sept) we were due to play Broadstreet in the semi final of the Warwickshire Cup. However the rule that players need to have played four first XV games (in the current or preceding season) prior to selection has meant that our new signings could not play. The requirement of the semi final to have five front row forwards available for the game has presented us with problems and we approached Warwickshire RFU to relax the rule. This was refused and hence our lack of front row personnel has meant we have had to withdraw from the cup. However we have agreed to play Broadstreet in a friendly, kicking off at 2.30. This way we can play a large number of our new signings with a view to formulating a side for our opening league game next weekend.
- The other semi final between Rugby Lions & Sutton Coldfield was played on Wednesday night (28th) and it would be interesting to check their team sheets to see if they complied with the rules.
- Our Women also have their last pre season game this Sunday, 1st Sept, against Buckingham Swans at home.
- The league kicks off on 7th/8th Sept with our Men at home to Stourbridge Lions (7th) and our Women at home to West Bridgford (8th). Our newly designed strip will be on show.
- Next Friday night (6th) the club will be showing England’s final World Cup warm up fixture when they take on Italy at St James Park Newcastle. The club will also be open for the World Cup games with Tonga (22nd Sept @ 11.15am), Argentina (5th Oct @ 9am) and France (12th Oct @ 9.15am). Breakfast will be available on these days, as well as our full bar.
- On the Events page of our web site there is a full World Cup fixture list that can be downloaded to your Calendar. This is HERE.
- As announced previously the club has changed its Drinks Supplier and the new range of drinks will be available from Friday night (31st). The new drinks that will be on offer will include: Coors Light, San Miguel, Banks Amber Bitter, Marstons Pedigree, Marstons 61 Deep, Shipyard American Ale & Kingston Press Wild Berry Cider.
- Applications for the 2020 Six Nations games at Twickenham (Ireland & Wales) are now being accepted and information is HERE.
- Can I remind you that if you plan to buy tickets for any of the Wasps games at The Ricoh then the club receives cashback providing you go through the link which can be found HERE.
- The process of membership collection of subs for the new season has started and existing members will either already have or will shortly be receiving a payment request via the GMS system. Payment is requested ASAP and reminders will be issued. If you wish further information on your membership of KRFC then please refer to the membership page of the web site HERE.
- The club are planning to hold a Sporting Dinner on Nov 14th and details of this will be issued shortly. This Dinner will make use of the marquee which will be erected for the Ladies Dinner on the 9th Nov.
- Following the news of death of one of our oldest members, Niall Bailey I have further bad news. Bob Fowler recently passed away. His burial has taken place.
- As per previous years the club has prepared a Fixture Poster for all of our Men & Women’s Home League Fixtures. You can find it HERE – please consider printing this off and putting it up in your local pub, club or office.
- You may be interested to know that the club has now concluded a deal that will see the Royal Leamington Spa Archery Society being based at Kenilworth RFC. They will be using CP3 at the Cowpatch (see PLAN) – but not on a Sunday morning. If anyone wishes to discuss this new development at the club then speak to Peter Blakeman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The events coming up at the club can be viewed HERE.
Return to News Page