KRFC NEWS FOR 4th OCT 2019
- We very nearly blew our winning start to the league last weekend at Droitwich. We were looking comfortable at 19-5 and seeking a bonus point try but that never came and Droitwich, particularly their fly half, started to turn it on in the last ten minutes and reduced the deficit to 19-17 with a last kick conversion to square the game. This drifted wide much to the delight of the big travelling support and our unbeaten record stayed intact. Dudley K also won but also failed to get a bonus point in their game so this leaves Stoke at the top of the table by one point with four straight bonus point wins. The report on the game and pics are on the web site HERE.
- There were four other club sides out last week, a feat we have not managed in a long time. Two of the games were curtailed by serious injuries to an opposition player but reports are they are both fine and we even received a nice email from Spartans thanking us for what we did for their injured player. For the record our Men’s 2’s defeated Spartans 21-7 but our 3’s lost at Old Leamingtonians Vets, 5-17. Our Colts defeated Barkers Butts 23-12 to record their first win of the season. There is a report on the 3rd XV game HERE.
- Our Women travelled (with a Development Squad) to Lincoln for a friendly fixture in the rain and duly ran out winners 17-0. A report, with piccies, is available HERE.
- This Weekend is a big one for both the Men and the Women. On Saturday we take on our sternest test of the season to date, if not in a long while, and our 15 match unbeaten home league and cup record is on the line against a strong looking Dudley Kingswinford. Dudley K have also started well with wins at home to Hereford (22-8) & Whitchurch (52-24) and away at Worcester (54-14) & Droitwich (29-5). They are currently second to Stoke on Trent, ahead of us on points difference with a similar points conceded but a much better points for. Look out for the tweets of the game coming through if you cannot make it. Before the game there is a Former Players Lunch. The programme for the game will be on the web site later today.
- On Sunday our Women also have a very big test and they take on Lichfield Greens at home with a 2.30 kick. This is a superb opportunity for you to see our Women in action.
- Our Men’s 2nd XV are away at Silhillians and our Colts are also at home, on Sunday, against South Leicester, kick off 2.15.
- Next week (12th Oct), our Men’s 1st XV are away at Hereford. The 2nd XV are at home to Leamington and our Colts are at Newbold. The Women are at home in the league for the second week running and take on Buckingham Swans, currently top of the league.
- The next England RWC game to be shown will be Argentina on the 5th Oct at 9am. Breakfast food will be available as well as our bar. The England v France game next weekend will also be shown.
- Can I remind you that if you plan to buy tickets for any of the Wasps games at The Ricoh then the club receives cashback providing you go through the link which can be found HERE.
- Membership subs continue to be requested and collected. From this weekend VP members will only gain free access to the home league games by production of the Season ticket so if you have not yet collected it (it comes with your VP subs) then please do.
- The events coming up at the club can be viewed HERE.
- We are always looking for Volunteers to help out at the club. If you are interested in a position then please contact email@example.com. Current posts that are available are House Chairperson (to make sure the building is serviceable), Social Chairperson but help on all other committees would be grateful.
- I have made up a 31 page Photo Book with most of the piccies from our wonderful day at Twickenham. This is behind the bar and you are invited to look through the book and if you like what you see send me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and one will be ordered for you. It will cost £30.
- Can I remind you that one of our sponsors, The Almanack, are offering a 10% discount off Food & Drink on production of your club membership card - all the more reason to get one if you do not already have one.
- …………and finally, you will all be delighted to hear that there has been much progress on the completion of the purchase on our new ground so much so that we have pencilled in the 19th Dec for a presentation of our new ground proposals and initial discussions with the membership.
Return to News Page