KRFC News for 10th Oct 2019
- The Men had a very big test last week against unbeaten (and league favourites) Dudley K and they came though it with a bonus point win, 26-12. Try scorers were Sam Harrison, Ed Hannam, Mikkel Andresen & Bobby Thompson with Will Davies adding three of the four conversions. The report on the game and pics are on the web site HERE. The win moved us up to second in the league, one point behind Stoke.
- There was another great result for the club last week with our Women defeating Lichfield Greens 26-7 to go top of their league after three (difficult) games.
- Our 2nd XV defeated Silhillians 32-19 to go top of Warwickshire 1, but our Colts lost at home, on Sunday, to Banbury, 12-31. There are reports on the Women’s and 2nd XV games HERE.
- This Weekend is another very big one for both the Men and the Women. On Saturday the Men travel to 3rd placed Hereford whose only defeat was a few weeks ago to Dudley K (away at Dudley K, 22-8). This is never an easy place to go and the boys will need a big support there so try and get there if you can.
- On Sunday our Women also have another very big test when they take on second placed Buckingham Swans who have also won their three opening league games. The kick off is 2.15. This is another superb opportunity for you to see our Women in action.
- On the Saturday our Men’s 2nd XV are at home to Leamington and our Colts are away at Newbold.
- Next week (19th Oct), the Men’s 1st XV are back at home against Worcester Wanderers. The 2nd XV are away at Southam. Our Colts are playing in the National Colts Cup, on Sunday against Hinckley. The Women have a week off.
- Thanks to Typhoon ‘Haggis’ the next England RWC game to be shown will be on Sat 19th Oct. England as ‘winners’ of their group will take on either Wales or Australia (most likely) in the 1/4r final with an 8.15am kick off. The club will be open for this game for Guinness and breakfast. Here is hoping Scotland get a fair shot at reaching the last eight and that their game on Sunday with Japan is played. This is also being shown at the club, kick off 11.45am.
- Can I remind you that if you plan to buy tickets for any of the Wasps games at The Ricoh then the club receives cashback providing you go through the link which can be found HERE.
- Membership subs continue to be requested and collected. From this weekend VP members will only gain free access to the home league games by production of the Season ticket so if you have not yet collected it (it comes with your VP subs) then please do.
- The events coming up at the club can be viewed HERE.
- We are always looking for Volunteers to help out at the club. If you are interested in a position then please contact email@example.com. Current posts that are available are House Chairperson (to make sure the building is serviceable), Social Chairperson but help on all other committees would be grateful.
- I have made up a 31 page Photo Book with most of the piccies from our wonderful day at Twickenham. This is behind the bar and you are invited to look through the book and if you like what you see send me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and one will be ordered for you. It will cost £30.
- Can I remind you that one of our sponsors, The Almanack, are offering a 10% discount off Food & Drink on production of your club Member's Card - all the more reason to get one if you do not already have one.
- The club have decided to participate in the Kenilworth Remembrance Day activities on the 10th Nov and we are planning some activities and fund raising, details of which will be announced soon. I am trying to establish if any Kenilworth Members were killed in action during the Second World War, or subsequent ones. If you know of anyone then please contact me with info ASAP.
- Can I ask the Coaches of the M&J teams to send me an updated photo of their squad for inclusion on their page of the web site. The photo should be in landscape in a high a res as possible and with a suitable border around the team to allow cutting down to the required size, 1500 x 500 pixels.
- …………and finally, you will all be delighted to hear that there has been much progress on the completion of the purchase on our new ground so much so that we have pencilled in the 19th Dec for a presentation of our new ground proposals and initial discussions with the membership.
Return to News Page