KENILWORTH RFC NEWS: 21st NOVEMBER 2019
- Welcome to my first News for a few weeks. Since the last News (24th Oct) the Men’s 1st XV have defeated Kidderminster, had a miserable defeat at Lichfield but returned to winning ways last week with a 25-17 win over an impressive looking Ludlow. Following the Lichfield defeat, which knocked us down from top to third, our win last week took us back to 2nd spot, four points adrift of Dudley Kingswinford and one ahead of Stoke (who have a game in hand).
- Our Women have won two Development Squad games but last week came up against a very good Birmingham Moseley and lost 5-20. However the god news is they remain in 2nd spot in their league.
- The highlight of our 2nd XV Men’s games must be their Warwickshire 2nd XV cup final win, 25-19, over Newbold. They have also defeated Stratford but lost away last week at Spartans.
- Our Colts have only had one game and this was a sound 41-0 win over Pinley last week.
- The results of all games, and reports where submitted, are on the web site.
- This weekend (23rd Nov) the Men’s 1st XV face a very tough fixture away at Newbold. Newbold are currently lying in 10th spot in the league with three wins, two draws and four defeats. It is never easy over there and the boys will need a big support. If you cannot make it then the game will be tweeted.
- On Sunday our Women face another very long away fixture at Wymondham Wasps who are currently lying in 7th (of 8) spot in the league. They have a bus going if you fancy taking the trip with them.
- Our Men’s 2nd XV do not have a scheduled fixture (yet) and our Colts are playing on Friday night at Berkswell & Balsall, kick off 7.30pm.
- The events coming up at the club can be viewed HERE.
- Can I remind you that one of our sponsors, The Almanack, are offering a 10% discount off Food & Drink on production of your club membership card - all the more reason to get one if you do not already have one.
- Can I please ask the Coaches of the M&J teams to send me an updated photo of their squad for inclusion on their page of the web site. The photo should be in landscape in a high a res as possible and with a suitable border around the team to allow cutting down to the required size, 1500 x 500 pixels.
- You will all be delighted to hear that there has been much progress on the completion of the purchase on our new ground so much so that we have pencilled in the 19th Dec for a presentation of our new ground proposals and initial discussions with the membership.
- Our new membership cards, sponsored by Sheldon Bosley Knight, are now with us and arrangements are being made for them to be distributed. Watch this space for further info. Once we have issued these cards and collated member’s names-emails-card numbers then we can begin to look at issuing News and emails via the web site.
- The Twickenham Photo Books have also been ordered and will be with us early December.
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL COMES TO KENLWORTH - We are delighted to announce that we have signed an agreement with the Warwickshire Bears American Football for them to train and play at Kenilworth Rugby Club. They play an eight a side version and will train and play at our Rocky Lane site. Further info can be obtained from (Rugby Club member) Jack Phillips on email@example.com The first fixture is on Sunday 24th Nov when they take on Pennine Panthers, 2pm kick off.
- Please remember if you wish to purchase any Kenilworth clothing as Christmas pressies then you can access our club shop HERE.
- We are delighted to announce that the recent collections (and gate receipts v Ludlow) for Remembrance Day amounted to ~£850 being donated to the local British Legion. At the recent very successful and well attended Henry Blofeld Dinner a total of ~£1600 was raised for Cure Leukaemia. A further substantial sum was raised for this cause at the Ladies Lunch on the 9th Nov (details tbc). Well done to all!
Return to News Page