Kenilworth RFC News for 10th Jan 2020
- Two wins to report for our Men’s 1st XV since my last news. A very decent bonus point win (37-7) pre Christmas over Sutton Coldfield but followed by a disappointing 14-28 defeat away last week at Whitchurch. We are now 3rd in the league, 13 points behind the leaders Dudley K and now four points adrift of second placed Lichfield. The reports and pics of both games, are on the web site HERE.
- Our Women had a superb win last week, 33-14 away at Lichfield Greens and the report is also on the web site HERE. Our Men’s 2nd XV have only played one game, surprisingly losing away at Shipston. Our Colts have had a draw with Berkswell & Balsall and a superb win last week at Leamington, 25-5. Our Barbarians (U23 squad) were out over Christmas losing 7-21 to Old Leamingtonians Development Squad in the Alex Wallis Memorial game.
- This weekend (11th Jan) the Men take on Droitwich at home. Droitwich are currently in 9th spot in the league and were the last team to defeat us at home, some 23 games ago in March 18. The programme for the game will be available on the web site from Friday night and there will be regular tweets during the game if you cannot make it. Prior to the game there is a Pirates Lunch and it is still not too late to book in via Dom Carrick.
- Our Women have one very big league game on Sunday, away at Buckingham Swans. We are second in the league, six points adrift of Buckingham Swans but with a game in hand. Yes, a very big game!
- Our Men’s 2nd XV are also at home to Silhillians and our Colts have another Friday night fixture under the lights, v Banbury.
- The events coming up at the club can be viewed HERE.
- We now have our new Members Cards and these are now ready for collection from Paul, behind the bar.
- Dave Edwards, coach of our U14’s, has given me some info and he reports that they have won 11 of their 13 fixtures including some terrific wins over local rivals Barkers Butts, Old Coventrians, Old Leamingtonians, Earlsdon and Hinckley. They are still in the Warwickshire Cup and have four boys in the Worcester DPP, three in the Wasps DPP and two (Billy Rixon and Jack Swan McAdam) in the National 7s coaching programme.
- The slides which were presented at our New Ground meeting have been put on the web site and can be found HERE. A précis is also on the back of Saturday’s programme.
- A date for your Diary is the 24th April, our next Speaker Dinner. The Speaker is Dr Kevin Jones and more info will be available shortly.
- If you applied for Six Nations tickets then I advise that the tickets will be sent from the RFU in the next two weeks and will be collated soon after for collection in the first week of Feb. If you wish to have an indication of what you may receive then drop me an email, all to be confirmed on receipt of the tickets.
Return to News Page