Kenilworth RFC News for 7th Feb 2020
- A decent win for our Men’s 1st XV last week v Hereford (29-20) has kept us well in the hunt at the top of the table but a disappointing defeat for the Women, going down 19-22 at home to Bury Foxes, sees them drop to 3rd, even more annoying with the defeat of leaders Buckingham Swans.
- The Men’s game with Hereford was by no means a classic but it was exciting. We raced into a big half-time lead (aided by the wind) only for Hereford to score a late try and leave it at 16-7. Hereford came back big style after the break and with the score at 19-17 it was anyone’s game. However Mikkel’s second try made it more comfortable and a final score of 29-20 denied Hereford the bonus point. The Women looked quite comfortable against Bury Foxes but lost some late tries to lose 19-22. No other games were played.
- The reports on the Men’s and Women’s games can be found HERE.
- This weekend (8th Feb) the Men’s 1st XV have an away game at Worcester Wanderers who are currently lying 9th of the 12 teams in the league with seven wins. They have won their last three games and it will not be easy for us. They are now separated from ‘big’ Worcester and now have their own clubhouse and parking at Offerton Lane, Hindlip, Worcester, WR3 8TR. The boys would love to run out to a big welcoming support!
- On Sunday (9th Feb) our Women play their outstanding RFU Plate game at Crewe & Nantwich.
- The Men’s 2nd XV are at home to Old Laurentian and our Colts are away at Pinley.
- Next week (15th Feb) the Men’s 1st XV are away again at Kidderminster.
- The events coming up at the club can be viewed HERE. Please note that all of the Six Nations games will be shown at the club.
- We now have our new Members Cards and these are now ready for collection from Paul, behind the bar. The Members Card now entitles you to a discount at Steve Crowe Butchers and The Red Lion at Hunningham, not to mention The Almanack.
- A date for your Diary is the 24th April, our next Speaker Dinner. The Speaker is Dr Kevin Jones and more info will be available shortly. This is part of a large event being planned and more info on this will be issued soon.
- On the 6th March we are holding a Welsh Night and this will include the Tenovus Choir. If you wish a ticket for this event then contact PAG Jones on email@example.com
- Good news for our U14’s who progressed to the semi final of their Warwickshire Cup by defeating Rugby St Andrews 55-5. The semi final is on 15th March against Sutton Coldfield.
- Our Colts game last weekend was postponed for a very good reason and this was the inclusion of nine of our squad in the South Warwickshire side who won the District Final. A brief report on this is included HERE.
- The Colts have been drawn against Nuneaton in the Warwickshire Colts Cup and this is to be held on 29th Feb, away.
- Two Italy v England tickets have become available via John I’Anson and if you fancy a trip there then contact John on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pirates have now formalised their Easter tour and are off to Kings Lynn with a fixture vs. West Norfolk RFC. This is from 27th - 29th March and there are still places left. Interested potential tourists should e mail Dom Carrick on email@example.com or call him on 07989 444438
- We have a Pirates fixture on Friday 21st February at home v Rugby Welsh. Players (over 35yrs) wishing to be involved should e mail Dom (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call him on 07989 444438.
Return to News Page