Kenilworth RFC News for 14th Feb 2020
- A very decent win for our Men’s 1st XV last week away at Worcester Wanderers, 26-19. We showed a lot of guts when Worcester levelled at 19-19 but, facing the strong wind, we took the game to Worcester and achieved a bonus point win with tries from Tondi Mpambawashe, Connor Burnet, Mikkel Andresen and Luke Truslove plus three excellent conversions from Jayde Cruickshank. We are now right back in the thick of it at the top of Mids 1 west following the defeat of Dudley K by Lichfield. Lichfield are now top and lead Dudley K by 1 and us by 4.
- The 2nd XV won a close game with Old Laurentian, 33-32 with three of our Colts, Alfie Armstrong, Sam Peppitt and Ardal Yallop all getting a first senior start and performing well. Sam helped himself to three tries and four conversions. The other try scorers were Miles Hibbs and James Lilley and this result puts them in second spot in Warwickshire 1, four points adrift of Leamington. Our Colts defeated Pinley 22-15 with tries for David Opoku Fourjour (2) and Finn Yallop (2). The Women’s game at Crewe was postponed for the second time.
- The reports on the Men’s and Women’s games can be found HERE.
- This weekend (15th Feb) the Men’s 1st XV have another away game at bottom of the league Kidderminster and it is a game we simply must win, with a bonus point, to keep in touch at the top. They play at Marlpool Ln, Kidderminster DY11 5HP. There are other interesting fixtures with leaders Lichfield away at 4th placed Hereford and Dudley K away at Ludlow. The 2nd XV have no game and the Colts are on the main pitch against Rugby St Andrews.
- On Sunday (16th Feb) our Women will try and play (for the third time) their outstanding RFU Plate game at Crewe & Nantwich.
- Next week (22nd Feb) the Men’s 1st XV have a week off before a very big game on the 29th Feb, Lichfield at home, in front of our Former Players.
- The events coming up at the club can be viewed HERE. Please note that all of the remaining Six Nations games will be shown at the club.
- We now have our new Members Cards and these are now ready for collection from Paul, behind the bar. We have now agreed more discounts with local businesses. As well as The Almanack there are discounts (15%) available at Steve Crowe Butchers and the Red Lion in Hunningham.
- A date for your Diary is the 24th April, our next Speaker Dinner. The Speaker is Dr Kevin Jones and more info will be available shortly. This is part of a large event being planned and more info on this will be issued soon.
- On the 6th March we are holding a Welsh Night and this will include the Tenovus Choir. If you wish a ticket for this event then contact PAG Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Colts have been drawn against Nuneaton in the Warwickshire Colts Cup and this is to be held on 29th Feb, away.
- The Pirates have now formalised their Easter tour and are off to Kings Lynn with a fixture vs West Norfolk RFC. This is from 27th - 29th March and there are still places left. Interested potential tourists should e mail Dom Carrick on email@example.com or call him on 07989 444438
- We have a Pirates fixture on Friday 21st February at home v Rugby Welsh. Players (over 35yrs) wishing to be involved should e mail Dom or call him on 07989 444438.
Return to News Page