KRFC NEWS FOR 8th MAY 2020
- Happy VE Day and we hope you are all enjoying it in your own way. The club were planning a big event around VE Day and it is one big shame it could not take place.
- The winners of the KRFC Short Story competition have now been announced and they are Ben Crow in the youngest, U8, group and Matilda Hanley in the U12 group. The two stories can be accessed HERE. We will announce soon when they are to be read out by the Kenilworth Mayor, Alison Firth.
- Jenny & Martin’s Quiz has now been sent out and you have till 31st May to work out the answers and send them in. If you have not received a copy then I can send one out. Cash prizes available!
- Our link with SanHanz is going strong and they will again be at the club this Saturday (and every Saturday) till further notice. Full info on how to order, pay and collect is HERE.
- Also at the club on Saturday, 4 till 8, will be our old friends "The Wedding Pizza Company"
- I also hope you are enjoying the KRFC Dream Team entries and these keep coming in and are being posted on social media. At one point we are going to have to come up with a final team and that will be very interesting. Some great names from the past and such memories evoked by the various selections.
- I also hope you have enjoyed the various social media posts on the anniversary of our Cup win. The piccie of Charlie Hamill staring at Twickenham is superb and says it all, me thinks, about the legacy the win has had.
- The #KenFamily Emergency Fund appeal is still open! Chairman Peter is delighted to advise that at the end of last week the fund had reached £5534 – thanks to everyone who has donated to help secure the future of the club.
- Despite the lockdown the club have been busy and DoR Jai Purewal (and others) have been working hard and secured the services of three quality players to add to our squad for next season.
- Jack Ward, back 5 forward from Sutton Coldfield
- Kieran Hazell, back row from Old Leamingtonians
- Todd Freemantle – as backs/player coach
Further details on these three new signings are on social media.
- Keep stay safe and keep observing the lockdown, wherever you are.
Return to News Page