KRFC NEWS FOR 22nd MAY 2020
- I remind you that Jenny & Martin’s Quiz has now been sent out and you have till 31st May to work out the answers and send them in. If you have not received a copy then I can send one out. There are cash prizes to be won!
- Our link with SanHanz is very strong and receiving a lot of local publicity. They will again be at the club this Saturday (and every Saturday) till further notice. Full info on how to order, pay and collect is HERE.
- The Wedding Pizza Co will also be at the club as per previous weeks.
- DoR Jai Purewal (and others) has continued to work hard and secured the services of more quality players to add to our squad for next season.
- Our ex colt and scrum half Rob Bennett
- Front row forward and ex Sutton Coldfield, Bournville & Warwickshire U20’s prop, Danny Griffin
- Centre Danny Ashfield
- Further details on these three new signings are on social media.
- In addition it is great to announce that Rhidian Booth has joined the coaching team and our ex player, Jake Burrows, has also taken up a role as Colts Backs Coach. Dave Ellis is to remain as Head Coach. Luis Mendia has agreed to join the Medical Team.
- We also announce that we have set up an agreement with the Danish RFU to form a partnership to help develop their promising players.
- Gaz Renowden has put together a selection of our best tries for the 19/20 season and these can be seen HERE.
- Our Women’s section has also been busy with recruitment and they have signed up Heather Cegla, a Swiss Internationalist. Other potential signings are imminent so watch this space, and Social Media.
- The Women have also booked an on-line fitness session with Vicky Fleetwood (England Internationalist) and this is set for Monday 1st June at 7.45pm. Further info can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Turner is looking for some pieces of furniture that you may have lying around your house/garage – this includes a metal standing lockable filing cabinet as well as metal lockable drawer units. Contact Adam direct if you can help him, email@example.com
- Our main club AGM was due to be held on 24th June but clearly this is not possible. A decision was made at the recent Management Meeting to defer the AGM, as recommended by the RFU. The new date will be communicated as soon as it is set.
- There are now a lot of people using the Cow Patch for training and the club wishes to remind everyone of the ‘social distancing’ that is required, a 2m separation with training in pairs only. You are also reminded that both the main pitch and the Training Pitch are currently not to be used due to the end of season renovation work that has been undertaken on them. If there is any doubt about what you can, or cannot do then speak to Jai, firstname.lastname@example.org
- During this period we have undertaken a lot of work in and around the clubhouse and I will issue a full list in due course. If you can think of anything that needs to be carried out then let us know and we will look into it. Even better, if you think you can help out then say so!
- ..................and finally our U10's have been busy during lockdown - see what they have been up to HERE - love it!
Keep stay safe and keep observing the lockdown, wherever you are.
Return to News Page