KENILWORTH RFC NEWS FOR 14th Feb 2019
- A thoroughly professional performance from our first XV last weekend in the re-arranged league game with Earlsdon, a 47-8, seven try bonus point win extending our lead at the top of the league back to eight points over Old Laurentian. It was also great to see Ed Hannam taking responsibility for the kicking with five out of six conversions, truly superb. Not so good news of the Colts who were defeated 5-25 by the strong Old Leamingtonians outfit. Our Ladies had a Development Squad game on the Sunday defeating Wolverhampton, 42-0, in a mud bath.
- This weekend our first XV are on the road again and have a fixture at Evesham who play at Blind Lane off Albert Road, Evesham WR11 4JX. Evesham are currently lying in 8th spot in the league with five wins from their fifteen games to date. It is never easy there and we only need to remind ourselves of the 0-36 defeat we suffered there last season – need I say more!
- Our 2nd XV have picked up a home fixture against Broadstreet 3’s and our Colts also take on Broadstreet also at home. There is no Ladies fixture this weekend.
- The first XV are playing Spartans next Sunday (24th) in the Warwickshire Shield semi final has paired us with Spartans and this is to be played at Berkswell & Balsall at 2.00pm. Spartans play in Mids 2 west north where they lie 8th of 12 with seven wins, one draw and six defeats. They like scoring big and recently defeated Telford Hornets, the bottom club in the league, 85-0 and then defeated Old Coventrians 70-0 in the Shield 1/4r final. The other semi final is between either Old Leamingtonians or Pinley and Earlsdon or Stoke Old Boys, these games still to be played, next weekend I think.
- Prior to our next home league game against Southam on 2nd March we are holding one of our Charity lunches, the charity being Get A-Head (http://getahead.org.uk/) – the lunch is being organised by Tom Bromwich and is effectively a ‘free’ lunch with a donation to the Charity. If you wish to attend then please contact Peter Blakeman on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 2nd XV have progressed to the final of the 2nd XV Shield against Leamington, this to be played on Sunday 3rd March at Barkers Butts, ko 3pm.
- We have had it confirmed that the Almanack are still offering a 10% discount on food and drink bills and if you are a member and eat and drink there then ask for it! It does not apply to drinks only.
- The tickets for the RFU draw have now been put in envelopes for distribution and you should have received them. We have put some incentives together to help in the ticket sales.
- Next Saturday, 23rd Feb, we are holding a Six Nations Lunch on the day France play Scotland and Wales play England. Tickets are priced £15 and full details can be seen HERE.
- We have been advised by Wasps that they are having a mid season shirt sale with discounts up to 50% available. Full details are on their web site.
- A few questions have recently been asked about club membership cards which, when used. Offer members a discount on bar prices. If you are a fully paid up member of the club and you do not have a membership card then simply ask Paul for one. It is as simple as that!
- In March we have four home games, one of which is a very big game, our Midlands Int Cup final with Kidderminster. If we win this we will then play the winners of the Northern Division for a place in the final at Twickenham on 5th May. Yes we are this close. We are hoping for a very big vocal crowd on the 16th March and I hope you can be part of it! Full info on the arrangements for the day will be announced soon.
- On March 24th we are planning to hold an U7’s festival with six local teams and 130 players taking part. It is hoped, weather permitting, to stage this on the main pitch and further information will be provided soon.
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
These events can be accessed HERE
Return to News Page