Weekly News for 22nd Feb 19
KENILWORTH RFC NEWS FOR 14th Feb 2019
- Another decent performance from our first XV last weekend at Evesham (but again after another sloppy start) – we ended up running in six tries for the bonus point win (39-5) with Bobby T grabbing 3, and others from Rhys Jones, Harry Abell and Gaz Renowden. Ed was successful with 3 of the conversion and one penalty. The report and piccies of the game are on the web site.
- Back at Glasshouse Lane it was the Neil Sutherland show, Neil scoring 43 of the 92 points the second XV scored against Broadstreet 3’s. I think this is a club record but if anyone knows anything different then please let me know ASAP. Neil had five tries and nine conversions and the other try scorers were Ed Rogers (3), Jimmy Middleton (2), Tom Naismith (2), Tommy Jones, Jai Purewal and Ollie Sharples. A report on this game is also on the web site.
- Broadstreet Colts pulled out of the fixture with our Colts and hence they brought their league fixture with Earlsdon forward by one week. This was a good call with our lads winning 44-0 with tries for Finn Nicholas, Sam Morris, Tom Singleton, Henry Maggs (3), Fin Gibson and Alex Tompkins.
- There was no Ladies Fixture last weekend.
- This weekend the first XV are playing Spartans in the Warwickshire Shield semi final and this is being played at Berkswell & Balsall on Sunday, 24th Feb at 1.00pm. I hope they run out to a big support to spur them on to success!
- On Sunday our Ladies are playing Birmingham Moseley at home in a league fixture, kick off 2.15. The programme for this game will be on the web site from 6pm tonight (Fri).
- Prior to our next home league game against Southam on 2nd March we are holding one of our Charity lunches, the charity being Get A-Head (http://getahead.org.uk/) – the lunch is being organised by Tom Bromwich and is effectively a ‘free’ lunch with a donation to the Charity. If you wish to attend then please contact Peter Blakeman on email@example.com
- The 2nd XV have progressed to the final of the 2nd XV Shield against Leamington, this to be played on Sunday 3rd March at Barkers Butts, ko 3pm.
- The tickets for the RFU draw have now been put in envelopes for distribution and you should have received them. We have put some incentives together to help in the ticket sales.
- A few questions have recently been asked about club membership cards which, when used. Offer members a discount on bar prices. If you are a fully paid up member of the club and you do not have a membership card then simply ask Paul for one. It is as simple as that!
- In March we have four home games, one of which is a very big game, our Midlands Int Cup final with Kidderminster. If we win this we will then play the winners of the Northern Division (at Kenilworth) for a place in the final at Twickenham on 5th May. Yes we are this close. We are hoping for a very big vocal crowd on the 16th March and I hope you can be part of it! Full info on the arrangements for the day will be announced soon.
- On March 24th we are planning to hold an U7’s festival with six local teams and 130 players taking part. It is hoped, weather permitting, to stage this on the main pitch and further information will be provided soon.
- UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
These events can be accessed HERE
Return to News Page